Sometimes, you just can’t keep your teeth as clean as you want them to be. In fact, most of us are unhappy with the state of our teeth. If only they were a just little bit brighter! But easy tricks for keeping teeth white can go a long way, and Linda Wells, editor-in-chief of Allure Magazine, recently visited The Today Show to share her great tips for keeping your teeth white without having to schedule a dentist appointment every other day. Check out some of Linda’s advice!
1. Wash It Down With Water. When sipping dark drinks, like coffee and Coca-Cola, chase it with a glass of water to help prevent discoloration. Or try drinking them through a straw, and mixing coffee with non-skim milk to brighten it up.
2. Dark Wine, Not White. Believe it or not, a glass of pinot grigio is worse for your teeth than pinot noir. White wine, the more acidic beverage of the two, is corrosive to the enamel on our teeth.
3. 50 Shades of Blue. When it comes to lipstick, blue-based red and berry shades make your teeth look whiter. And apparently, anything golden or orange will just make you look like you’ve got a mouthful of corn!
4. Vaseline On Your Teeth. Miss U.S.A. did this all the time. The taste is unpleasant, but the filmy protection will keep your teeth stain-free for a couple of hours. (This is probably for the most important occasions only, though.)
Now, these tips are great, but nothing beats a professional whitening from Dental Health and Wellness Boston.
Changes in tooth mineral structure, exposure to coffee, tea, red wine and tobacco and some prescription antibiotics can contribute to tooth staining and discoloration. If you want whiter, brighter teeth, Dental Health and Wellness Boston has a variety of tooth whitening procedures designed to restore a dazzling smile.
As one of the first dentists in Boston offering KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™, Dr. Jill Smith is thrilled to bring this advanced procedure to Dental Health and Wellness Boston patients. Combining in-office visits and the use of at-home whitening trays, “WOW White” can make teeth over sixteen shades whiter. Best of all, with periodic home maintenance, this teeth whitening treatment is permanent!
How KöR “WOW White” Teeth Bleaching Works
There are three levels of whitening with this system, Standard, Max and Max Ultra. The process for the standard treatment will begin with your first visit to our dental office, where molds of your teeth are made to create unique, comfortable, custom whitening trays. On your second appointment, you receive your custom trays, KöR whitening gel and instructions for proper use. On your third and final visit to the office, you take part in an hour and a half in-office procedure, and you’re done! To discuss the additional steps for the super whitening of Max and Max Ultra, contact Dental Health and Wellness Boston.
BriteSmile may be the perfect solution for you. This revolutionary technology is clinically proven to get your teeth their whitest. Brite Smile is one of the most popular appearance enhancement options at Dental Health and Wellness Boston because it offers maximum results and can be completed in a single office visit. Sit back and relax for an hour while a dental professional oversees our safe and gentle tooth-whitening system.
How BriteSmile Tooth Whitening Works
- BriteSmile whitening gel is carefully applied to your teeth.
- The gel is then activated by BriteSmile’s patented gentle blue light for 20 minutes while you relax and watch TV or listen to music.
- This process is repeated twice more before you go home with a naturally brilliant new smile (and your personal “Before & After” photos).
Get maximum whitening with an at-home tooth whitening system from Dental Health and Wellness Boston. Before prescribing a whitening treatment, the dental professional checks the health of your teeth and repairs any damage. He or she may take impressions of your teeth to make the plastic trays fit your teeth just right. You then use these trays at home with a special whitening gel that is stronger than any over-the-counter product.
How At-Home Tooth Whitening Systems Work
Simply place a small amount of the whitening gel on the front surface of the trays and place them over your teeth. You wear the trays for about two weeks. Depending on your situation, you may need to wear them for an hour a day or overnight. You should see results in just a couple of weeks.
No matter how you decide to keep your teeth and mouth as healthy as they can be, you should make an appointment at Dental Health and Wellness Boston and meet Dr. Jill Smith. While pursuing excellence in dental healthcare and refining techniques and procedures for optimum patient service and satisfaction at Dental Health and Wellness Boston, Dr. Smith has continually developed her training. She has advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, and has participated in hands-on medical courses alongside plastic surgeons, dermatologists and physicians to study the latest appearance enhancement techniques. She is also certified in advanced dental procedures including laser dentistry and CEREC dentistry.
For more on whitening services and teeth cleaning: